Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12, 2009 - adventurous day!

well, i ended up going for 3 separate runs today.. had a great training run this morning with one of my new protegees, we covered 4.8k and ran 3.2k of it. coaching is something i have always wanted to get into, and it is exciting to have someone i can work with. seeing someone else's progress can be just as rewarding and fulfilling as seeing my own progress.

later in the day, i decided to do some hill work and made my first run up to left pond in 5 months. while there, i happened to stumble upon 1 rabbit and 2 moose. i was literally 15 feet from two female moose. luckily, they didn't give me any trouble. too bad i didn't have my camera! anyway, it was 3.7k of uphill running, then 3.5k downhill run home.

later in the day, it was a 3k run over to see the duckies.. giving me a nice 13.4k daily total. the knees are still sore but recovering fairly nicely. should be ok come next weekend. more coaching tomorrow and probably a return to the pool after a 4 day absense.

Jenn

No comments: