Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ellsworth Declines Debate with McCreath! 9/11/2013

Well, the challenge has been answered, and declined!  This message was received on Facebook this morning in response to my quest to have Ron Ellsworth debate Jennifer McCreath regarding municipal issues:

Ellsworth 2013 While debates are a great way to get to know candidates and where they stand, I have been working for many months now to communicate my message to voters and let them know where I stand. At this point in the campaign my focus is on ensuring all residents receive their ballots and get out to cast their vote. Best of luck with the rest of the campaign.

This is the first time I have ever heard of a politician backing down from a debate because they were busy making sure people are getting their ballots.  The ballots were sent via Canada Post - perhaps one of the most safe and secure way to ensure that people get their ballots safely.

I'll let you all jump to your own conclusions about this, but from my point of view, I can't see myself voting for any politician that declines or refuses to attend a debate on the issues.

I am disappointed that an opportunity to demonstrate my superior debating skills over Ellsworth, will not take place. Quite frankly, I can't blame him. Nobody wants to be embarrassed in a debate by someone who entered the race as a major underdog. At the same time, I think it is very disrespectful and undemocratic of him to shy away from this moral responsibility.  All-candidate debates are an important part of elections, and for this guy to shy away, shows his true colours.

For my stance on the issues, you can read my entire comprehensive platform at VoteJennifer.Info

#nlpoli #sjvotes

No comments: