Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 20, 2010 - Well it's all right, everything'll work out fine

Well it's all right, doing the best you can...
Well it's all right, as long as you lend a hand...

Well it's all right, even if they say you're wrong...
Well it's all right, sometimes you gotta be strong...

Don't have to be ashamed of the car I drive...
I'm glad to be here, happy to be alive...
It don't matter if you're by my side...
I'm satisfied...

Well it's all right, we're going to the end of the line...
Well it's all right, everything'll work out fine...

thought i would quote a song lyric in my title tonight, and i heard this old Traveling Wilburys song on the radio the other day. they used to play this tune at the toronto blue jays games every time the starting pitcher got pulled. the song sorta sums up my life and my attitude these days.. it's a song about standing up for what you believe in and chugging along with life through the bad and the good.

Here's a live version of this tune by co-writer Tom Petty.

....anyway, i capped off the week with a couple of short runs today, including a run with Kim this morning around the Mundy Pond race course; then a run on my own later in the day to two of my fav ponds to visit ducks, then to the animal shelter, where i visited with several cats for about 20 minutes! oh what fun..

91k this week, including a couple of really awesome runs.. finally, a week that i knew i was capable of. the energy levels were a little better this week. just 30 days til boston, and finally a little momentum to build on. only 1 swim this week, but that's ok as i had a couple of evening runs this week.. hoping to hit the pool tomorrow

Jenn

No comments: