Sunday, September 9, 2012

quick update

I haven't blogged in a while, but have been quite active with my vlog over at youtube.com/jenniferpoco. just checking in. having a nice weekend taking in the start of the NCAA and NFL football seasons, and keeping up with the US Open tennis.

I had a trip to St. Pierre, France last month - one of two small islands off the coast of the Burin Peninsula of Newfoundland. Really fun to finally get over there for a visit. Looks like France but on Newfoundland geography. Fittingly, it rained the entire time I was there.

I recently had an amazing experience of being interviewed for a director-level job with the Government of Saskatchewan, and a senior analyst level job with the Government of Alberta. Quite excited about this. Will be very interesting to see how things go. Meanwhile, no evidence of any opportunities for advancement or new opportunities with my present employer, Government of Newfoundland.

Took a drive out to Topsail Beach last weekend, and Middle Cove beach today - cloudy and cool, but nice enough to at least stick my legs into the ocean. Still love being close to the ocean. It would be very tough and sad emotionally if I had to leave for the west to take a job.

Visited Cape Spear today to take a long hard stare at the starting line of Cape to Cabot 20k race - which I am registered to start and run for the 6th year in a row next month. ankle ligament, knee problems, and most recently, back problems, have significantly slowed down my training. I still don't know if I will even be able to start the race. I essentially have one more week to withdraw, or lose my money and cost someone on the waiting list a shot to run it. this week ahead will be critical in determining whether or not I decide to give it a go. as one of only 18 runners who have run them all, I would really hate to miss it. but I will do what is in the best interest in my body, and the best interest to the running community (i won't start the race unless I am confident I can not only finish it, but finish within the time limit)

More soon

Jenn

No comments: