Saturday, September 22, 2012

Punked by K-Rock @ John Fogerty Concert

So a few weeks ago, I was on my way to the Mile One Centre for yet another amazing rock concert, the legendary frontman of Creedance Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty, when I arrived to a closed building and a huge line up of people.  Hmmm, the concert was scheduled to start in 22 minutes, but not a soul had been let inside!  Puzzled, I walked up to the k-Rock radio truck, which was parked outside, to see if they knew what was going on.

Well, they didn't seem to know, but the three radio personalities seemed really really excited to meet me. Not one to ever turn down a chance for a little publicity, I asked if they'd like to do a photo with me. Well, one of the DJs decided to whip out a pair of hand cuffs and a video camera.  Within moments, I realized that two of the folks had absolutely no idea who I was. In fact, they thought I was someone else! Someone who was appearing as a contestant for some sort of contest.  The guy with the handcuffs knew who I was and winked at me. I then realized that he wanted to play some sort of prank on his colleagues.... so I went along!  Turns out there was indeed a contest where some guy apparently agreed to appear in a dress and become handcuffed to this DJ. 

Anyway, we walked down to George street handcuffed to each other and made fools of ourselves for several minutes. Then we walked into a bar and sat down.  Eventually, the time came to reveal the joke.  The actual contestent called wondering where they were.  The others were completely stunned that I had went along with all of this without having a clue what was really going on.. lol








Anyway, the joke was on them and also on me, as I initially thought they knew who I was. Oh well, they all do now!  The end result of this was that I made my k-rock radio debut the next morning, via pre-recorded vlog, to introduce myself and tell the story of the prank. The full vlog is posted here on youtube.


No comments: