Friday, May 11, 2012

Politicians Tweet newsworthy?

i can't help but find it very interesting how traditional media outlets such as television, radio, and newspapers, are starting to write stories about twitter wars happening between politicians.

it's interesting to see the social media phenomima go full circle. a few years ago, it was the blogs who got attention of media in hopes that media will report on the issues. now, seems many of us are foregoing our attempt to engage mainstream media because we know they are watching us.

rather than have to convince media to pay attention to our issues, a couple of spiritted tweets should have them knocking on doors for interviews.

i must say that i have found myself right into these discusions. for someone in my shoes, with my ambitions, it makes sense to develop regular dialogue with promiment politicians and other important community members. they all know me now, and have had a chance to get to know my stances on key issues, and get to know my communication strategies.

if i really am going to become the first transsexual to be elected into political office in Canada, seems i am doing everything right so far, in terms of getting my name and values out there in twitter world!

Jenn

No comments: