Monday, May 23, 2011

Finding my Female voice 5/21/11

Well, I have finally started to put some effort into training my voice. The goal is to take the voice up to falsetto, then lower it as far as it can go while not using the chest to talk. Some transwomen can find it easily, while many others struggle. Voice is a very important part of the communication program for anyone. Having a voice that sounds socially acceptable is critical for anyone, trans or not. there are many transwomen out there who do not modify their voice, while there are many who try but can't come up with anything passable. There are many who end up sounding like Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse.

After tons of practicing, and tons of video shoots, I have finally completed a video that I feel is at least good enough to share: Jennifer tries to find Female Voice.

This is definitely going to be a work in progress, but I hope that by the end of the year, I will have a full-time new voice that I am comfortable with.

No comments: