Wednesday, February 5, 2014

To Boycott or not? World Outgames Champion McCreath struggles with Sochi

I'm really torn over the Sochi boycott idea. I am disgusted that Russian has anti-gay laws. I am also really upset that Athletics Canada has a poor record when it comes to supporting the growth of LGBT Canadian athletes.

At the same time, Brad Jacobs, Jennifer Jones, Sidney Crosby, Kaitlyn Osmond  and many others, have my love and respect and best wishes. I would never want them to feel badly about crossing the boycott picket line, in order for them to fulfill their dreams.

I still haven't decided whether or not I will be watching any of the events on television.  It saddens me to think that if I attended Sochi in person, I might get arrested by border agents, simply because I have a trans medical history.

Oh well, I am sure I will have more to say on this topic in the days ahead!

No comments: