Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Jennifer McCreath endorses NL Provincial Progressive Conservatives!

It's been an interesting year in provincial politics here in Newfoundland and Labrador. We have watched the NDP and Progressive Conservatives choose new party leaders, and we have also watched the Liberals sit back and coast after winning several by-elections in 2012-13.

Now that the provincial campaign has been underway for a while, I have paid close attention to what these three parties have to say. While it is common knowledge that I have had many battles with former Progressive Conservative Government's lead by Danny Williams and Kathy Dunderdale, I have seen a significant change since Paul Davis was named the new leader a year ago.

As we look at the specifics of the campaign, it appears to me that the Liberals have no plan. They think they can win an election based on simply stating that they represent 'change', however, it seems unclear as to what sort of change they have to offer. Davis also represents change, and anyone that takes a look at his new Blue Print will clearly see that this is a party with a clear a vision and plan.

Most importantly, having engaged and even collaborated with many members from all three parties, I must honestly state that the Progressive Conservative candidates stand out to me as the ones who are most practical and the ones who take me and my issues seriously.

I am excited to endorse the Paul Davis-lead NL provincial Progressive Conservatives, and District of Mount Scio candidate Rhonda Churchill Herder.

No comments: