Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 12, 2011 frontrunner again!

well, it had been several weeks since i last attended the weekly International Frontrunners Saturday morning run, but i decide that i was ready to get back out there. I decided to have a test run Friday afternoon, and i pushed through 8.6k and managed to survive. Frontrunners usually does a lap of quidi vidi lake, which means i had to also get myself to and from quidi vidi. well, it was a rough night as my cats kept waking me up..  but that didn't seen to matter.  i fought thru back pain and made it down to the lake just in time to get things started. the run went well and i had a great time chatting with fellow NL Chapter founders Tony and Dave.  I made it all the way home too, giving me 14.2k on the morning. the knees are a little sore, but not really any worse than they were yesterday morning. to run 22.8k in a span of 21 hours is quite the accomplishment, given my state of recovery.  feeling optimistic that i will be able to run a little more regularily as we get deep into the fall.  i might actually consider debuting at this January's "hypothermic half" marathon, in Mount Pearl.  seems i always gain motivation when there is a good to shoot for.

Jenn

No comments: