Friday, July 9, 2021

Brief Update! Jenn returning to NL Public Service!

Wow, looks like it has been 6 months since my last blog post. Interesting that my last post took note that the NL Provincial Liberals were running a trans candidate in the provincial election. Little did I know at the time that the NL NDP would also be running a trans candidate, and that the trans candidate would be me!

And oh my, what an election it was. A Covid-19 outbreak caused the last-minute cancellation of in person voting on polling day, and a series of what seemed to be daily ad-hoc changes to the election rules, that would eventually be challenged in court (cases still ongoing as of this writing).

 Those interested in my election campaign should check out  www.youtube.com/jenniferpoco/videos as there are several archived videos there.

Meanwhile, I am excited to announce that I will be returning to the NL Department of Justice, in the near future, in a new role.  I will be doing Information Management work in a junior clerical-admin capacity.  Not necessarily my dream job,  but a big step in the right direction as I continue to build up my skills and experiences.  With this in mind, I will likely be drastically toning down my social media comments as they relate to provincial Government justice matters, as I do not want to be perceived to be in any type of conflict of interest. I will, however, continue to advocate for equal rights and equality for members of the trans community. That, is definitely never going to change.  

I will try to write blog posts more frequently going forward, but I can't guarantee anything!

Cheers to everyone,

Jenn

No comments: